Have you always wanted a useful outdoor space attached to your house? A deck is a perfect way to connect your home to your backyard, creating a great place for your grill and patio furniture in the process. A well-built deck can also add value to your home. No matter the size of your house, there is a perfect backyard deck to suit your needs. Are you ready to transform your backyard into the space of your dreams? Home Pro of West Michigan can help.
(All fields are required, you must check the agreement box before sending)
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A NEW DECK?
- Host parties – A deck can become a great party destination with the addition of a barbecue grill and a patio table. You won’t have to deal with being stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is socializing.
- Create a container garden – If you want to grow fresh herbs like parsley, basil, and cilantro, then a deck container garden is a great place for them. Their proximity to your house makes them easy to access while you’re cooking!
- Relax – Place a chaise lounge on your new deck, and you have the ideal place to sunbathe, read, or just spend some time meditating in your backyard.
- Exercise – If you enjoy practicing yoga, then consider taking your daily routines outdoors. Just lay your yoga mat down on your deck and get started.
A backyard deck serves many purposes and makes your yard look complete.
A new deck should include several useful details:
- A swinging gate – Do you have small children in your house? If so, then you’ll want your outdoor living space to include a gate that latches shut. This prevents your little ones from heading down the steps to your backyard without proper supervision.
- Railings – No matter the overall height of your deck, you will want to consider including railings. They are not only a great finishing touch, but they add an extra level of protection, as they keep people from accidentally stepping over the edge. Railings are also a good place to put flower pots or planters for an herb garden.
- Access panels – If your deck needs to be built over existing outdoor appliances, such as a central air conditioner, access panels can be made a part of the design. You won’t even know the panels are there until you need them.
- Sliding glass doors – A sliding door is the best way to connect your deck to the interior of your home. We can help determine the best location to place doors to avoid disturbing interior structural supports.
- Hot tubs – Does your ideal backyard include a built-in hot tub? We can build your deck to include one!